Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 11.7.12


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine.
I can't wait for...

The Dollhouse Asylum by Mary Gray 

A virus that had once been contained has returned, and soon no place will be left untouched by its destruction. But when seventeen-year-old Cheyenne wakes up in Elysian Fields--a subdivision cut off from the world and its monster-creating virus--she is thrilled to have a chance at survival.

At first, Elysian Fields,with its beautiful houses and manicured lawns, is perfect. Teo Richardson, the older man who stole Cheyenne's heart, built it so they could be together. But when Teo tells Cheyenne there are tests that she and seven other couples must pass to be worthy of salvation, Cheyenne begins to question the perfection of his world.

The people they were before are gone. Cheyenne is now "Persephone," and each couple has been re-named to reflect the most tragic romances ever told. Everyone is fighting to pass the test, to remain in Elysian Fields. Teo dresses them up, tells them when to move and how to act, and in order to pass the test, they must play along.

If they play it right, then they'll be safe.

But if they play it wrong, they'll die.
Summary from Goodreads.

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. Woah! That sounds creepily good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy/awesome cover. The book sounds interesting.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So weird and good! A crazy virus taking over so she moves to a great place but has to pretend to pass some crazy test. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by My WOW! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the sound of this one and I would love to read it when it comes out. Great pick! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm... that is one creeped out cover! Interesting :) *new follower*

    My WoW

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been noticing this one...first of all, creepy cover! lol

    Perfection does have its price, doesn't it?

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for this one too! The cover is amazing and the synopsis sounds brilliant! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one does so sound really good. intense. I am excited for this one. Thanks for stopping by my wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for this one though it isn't the most original, I still think it's awesome and the premise sounds great. I really want this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this one a few times lately and I have to agree with Jenni on the lack of originality with the cover. I still don't know what those things are hanging down, are they wires? Why aren't the middle two connected to anything? Anyway, thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick and loving the cover. Feel free to come by and checkout my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great. I love the concept and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book sounds like all kinds of creepy! I first heard about it on someone else's WoW last week. I'm definitely going to have to give it a try when it comes out!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...