Image Map

Friday, August 22, 2014

Review: Daring Miss Danvers by Vivienne Lorret

Daring Miss Danvers 
by Vivienne Lorret

It's all fun and games . . . until someone falls in love.Oliver Goswick, Viscount Rathburn, needs money—and soon. With time ticking away and his inheritance held hostage until he's properly wed, Rathburn's slim options point to a single solution: a faux engagement. In need of the perfect bride, he knows of only one candidate: his best friend's wallflower sister. The plan seems flawless, except for one problem . . . He can't help falling in love with her.
Poised, polished Emma Danvers knows nothing good can come of Rathburn's scheme. Spending the next two months engaged in a mock courtship is not what she'd imagined for her final season. Yet, charmed by his roguish ways and the inexplicable hammering he causes in her heart, she accepts his challenge.
For Emma, keeping the secret seemed easy when it was just a game . . . But as Rathburn begins to see past her reserved exterior to the passionate woman within, the risk of losing her heart becomes all too real.

Oh my, how I adore books that make me laugh out loud! And Daring Miss Danvers made me adore it many times over. Such witty writing I was treated to. This was my first book by Vivienne Lorret and I am suddenly very happy that I have the next in The Wallflower Wedding Series sitting on my Nook. Books like this are why I am falling more and more in love with historical romance.

This is a very fast-paced story. I read it in just a couple hours and it was a perfect mood-lifter. Sweet and enjoyable.

Our hero and heroine are perfect together. Emma and Oliver have known each other since childhood (Oliver happens to be Emma's brother's best friend). Everyone around then have always known they've had chemistry: everyone except them, that is.

Basically, Oliver needs his inheritance, which is in control of his very proper grandmother, to finish building a hospital to honor his deceased father. The grandmother is only willing to hand it over if her grandson shapes up to her high standards and proves to her that he deserves it. Now, the only woman she seems to approve up for Oliver is Emma... and you can probably guess where this is going...

I truly enjoyed all the characters including Emma's female friends and her parents. They were such an eclectic bunch and there banter is fun to read.

I will be saving the next book for a day that I need a smile and a pick-me-up.

- See more at: http://www.avonromance.com/post/review-daring-miss-danvers-by-vivienne-lorret_1408667170#sthash.WvzZFRJy.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...